For new starters and as a refresher:
Whatever your role within the Church, this session will help you understand safeguarding in the Methodist Church and our collective responsibility for creating safer spaces for all.
The Creating Safer Space Foundation Module 2020 training will help you:
- appreciate how safeguarding is everyone's responsibility and fundamental to the culture of a flourishing Church
- have a better understanding of good safeguarding practice within the Methodist Church, and understand its unique position in creating a safe space for all
- promote awareness and extend an inclusive welcome to those who have experienced abuse
- recognise, respond, record and refer relevant concerns about the safety and welfare of a child or adult, and recognise blocks to good practice
- learn from evidence from the Methodist Past Cases Review (2015-17) and note the current national context, eg the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse (IICSA).
The training's overall aim is to increase safeguarding awareness, so the Church can exercise its duty of care to all: its members, office-holders and anyone who comes through its doors. We create a safer Church by developing your understanding of, and confidence in, our safeguarding processes and your individual place within these processes
Various dates available. Please book your place on Eventbrite.