Introducing the new modified resources for Foundation Training
As we step into the new Connexional year, we would like to thank you all for your patience and commitment to safeguarding training through what has been a challenging couple of years, and in supporting the development of a positive and strong safeguarding culture and the creation of safe spaces, where all can know the love of Christ Jesus.
Throughout this period we have been delivering different versions online and face to face so I’m sure you will be pleased to hear that there is now just one modified version which can be delivered either way.
So, what are some of the changes you will see?
The sessions now flow better, beginning with devotions before moving on to content.
The PowerPoint slides and other resources now feature the new Methodist safeguarding branding, and some of the images have been updated.
The 15 original case studies have been amended to better reflect our multicultural society and inclusion of same sex relationships.
The trainers notes make it easier to cover the slides, with a script for those who find this preferable and colour coding the mode of delivery.
So, what now?
- Get familiar with the new materials
- Print out any new resources you will need
- Get your circuit training box ready and make sure everyone knows where to find it
- Begin to plan the sessions and coordinate them across the circuit
- Try to ensure a mix of face to face and online sessions are available
- Why not buddy up with a nearby circuit and work together?
If you think you will have spare places on your sessions, let’s advertise them district-wide.
- For the M&S District, contact Tori at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For the B&R District, contact Jill/Heather at email@example.com
Remember to include your name, role(s)and church.
Please send all attendance forms to Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, if you have any queries, or haven’t received the log-in details for the resources on the Connexional site yet, contact Helen Bolton, District Safeguarding Officer: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 07498 800427.