The District Grants Committee had a successful meeting last week and were pleased to be able to set aside funding for new initiatives:
- A training grant for an individual to further their professional development
- A 3 year grant for a lay worker in the Altrincham Circuit
- A 3 year grant for a Children & Family worker for the Fallowfield and Whalley Range Churches
- A 3 year grant for a Community Development worker at Hope Church in Handforth
- A property grant for St. Mary’s Church in the Bramhall and Wythenshawe circuit
In addition, we were able to confirm continuation funding for the Knutsford Pastoral Worker.
The District Grants Committee has a considerable budget this year and can commit to longer term funding, which is often helpful for lay worker posts.
It is very interesting to see that this committee was able to consider such a wide range of lay worker posts, from administration, to work with children and families, to outreach development work.
We are hopeful that this might be a reflection that energy is returning to churches and circuits who could now be feeling more confident around recovery from the pandemic and are getting ready to support our primary purpose – to advance the mission of the Church in our District, Circuits and Churches.
PLEASE NOTE THE DEADLINES FOR MAJOR APPLICATIONS ARE:
15th December 2022 (Committee meets 18th January 2023)
15th May 2023 (Committee meets 21st June 2023)
If you are considering a small training grant application, or an application for seed funding, then applications will be dealt with on a basis of funding available at any time throughout the year.
Please get in touch with Joan Ryan (District Grants Officer) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or anything you’d like to discuss.